<---Looking for my writing blog Will Write For Cookies? There's a handy little link to it just over there on the left-hand side.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Is that some very impressive planning ahead, or just a clever attempt at skipping school?

Scene: Me, sitting on Cory's bed at bedtime, telling Cory and Alecia about the next day.

Me: Tomorrow is a school day... Oh, and while you guys are at school, the auto glass guy is coming. So, when I pick you guys up, that crack in the windshield will be gone!

Cory: Oh! I really wanted to be here to watch that! [He was imagining the guy breaking the glass to get it out, and wanted to witness] Will you please check me out of school so I can watch?

Me: Really, Cory. It won't be that interesting. He's just going to carefully pull out the old one and put in a new one. Nothing exciting.

Alecia: But it's really important that I see it, so will you please check me out?

Me: Why is it important for you to see it?

Alecia: [earnestly] Because I need to watch him so I'll know if auto glass is what I want to do for a living when I'm older in case my husband gets really sick and can't work. So will you please check me out?

Impressive Planning for a 6 year old, or Clever Excuse? What do YOU think?

5 comments:

Shauna said...

THAT is one clever girl! I'm giving her some bonus credits for thinking that one all the way through!

Kristine said...

Wow! You better watch out for her, she's good!

Anonymous said...

Being a formal child myself, I think thats one good excuse. that almost seems planned, but I bet it wasn't, since the best excuses come on the spot. (I would know, being a teenager means that's my area of expertise.)

kellieanne said...

Whether it was impressive planning or an attempt to get out of school, kudos for ingenuity. If she could only channel that my way a little . . .

Kendall said...

that was great!! if it was just a way to get out of school i say that she deserved it!!