
So, one of my goals that I listed for this year is to write a fantasy novel for middle grade kids. I didn't have a story idea in mind, but I planned to work through it soon.
I went to my first writing class of the semester last night. Guess what our homework is? To write a fantasy book! Or, at least the first 26,000 words of it. (A book for middle-graders is around 40,000-50,000 words.) We have to turn in 2,000 words every Monday night (about 10 pages), with NO SLACKING!!! (Thank you Erin, for ensuring that I got into the no-slacking-no-matter-what, hard-core novel writing group of workshoppers.)
That means that I have until Monday at midnight to outline an entire story!! That's the part that is the hardest for me. Yes, I'm a little stressed. Anyone have any good story ideas?

3 comments:
WHOA! That's a ton! Hmm... I will tell you if I have any ideas.
I envied you yesterday. Not so much today. I'm sure the story will include characters we will all love and something to be solved!
Time to start brainstorming!!! Why didn't we do some at Girls' Night?
Post a Comment