The setting:
Alecia and I were getting the Christmas tree ready to decorate. I was stringing the lights, and she was checking each strand to make sure the lights all worked. One set was not as bright as the others, so I set it aside. I hoped not to use it, but as I got closer to the end, it became obvious that I'd have to if I wanted to cover the whole tree.
The conversation:
Alecia: "Using dull lights is better than using no lights at all. Just like having a dead cat is better than having no cat at all."
Me: "What?! I'm pretty sure that I'd rather have no cat than to have a dead cat."
Alecia: "You can still pet a dead cat."
Me: "Ew! Yeah, until it gets all diseased!"
Alecia: "Imagine if you were very poor and very hungry. I'm betting you'd much rather have a dead cat that you can eat instead of no cat at all. Before it gets all diseased, of course."

As a mom, I prefer to think of this conversation in two ways:
1. That was a very "glass half full" way to look at it.
2. If Alecia were ever stranded in the wilderness, with no hope of rescue, she'd be able to survive.
As a mom, I prefer to NOT think of this conversation this way:
That whenever Alecia pets a cat, she is thinking, "Mmm. Dinner."

5 comments:
hey well at least she would survive if she lived thru eating the cat. lol
LOL. You and Alecia crack me up.
Hahaha! That is so dang funny!
I'm taking notes right now incase I happen to ever have that conversation. Very funny!
LOL! Gotta love kids and their way of thinking!
Did Erin take your family pics? They are CUTE!
Post a Comment