It was a conscious decision. Really.
But we did kill it.
Like every house, the heart is the kitchen. Our house's heart had reached its max number of miles quite some time ago, but for so long, we couldn't bring ourselves to do a heart transplant.
We finally faced it, and started this past Thursday.
We just said, "House, we are going to stab you in the heart. It will kill you, but don't worry. We'll bring you back to life. Really. Pinky promise."
We tried to make our voices sound like we really believed ourselves, but House wasn't buying it. He was understandably nervous. I mean, who really wants to be killed, and just trust that you'll be brought back to life? We didn't give House much time to think about it and get more nervous. We chose to do a quick strike. Like pulling off a band-aid.
House recoiled when he saw us coming after him with this beastie.

And now our House's heart is laying on the operating table. Or, as we like to call it, the Living Room.
We've found that The Heart has a REALLY hard time beating when it's in this condition. All members of the house are greatly feeling the lack of The Heart. And the Living Room.
And in The Heart's place is a gaping hole.
House is out for the count, and can't really tell us how he's feeling, but we are guessing it's not too good and getting worse by the moment. And that's why we're hurrying. Wish us luck.

8 comments:
Yes! I was just saying to Jason last night how I wanted to sneak in and check out your doings. Now I don't have to resort to trespassing! Thanks tons!
P.S. your living room looks awesome!
Can't wait to see the pictures as you start the revival.
Good luck! It's been fun seeing progress! Your Living room does look awesome! Ha ha! I had no idea how easily it would fill up!
Been there done that! Good luck!! IT'S A PROCESS!
Good luck!
A new kitchen that will be so nice. Sorry you have to go without one for the time being. Once it is done you will be so grateful you did it.
That's awesome Peggy! I wish I had the courage and confidence to do the same thing! Someday. In the meantime, Full Steam Ahead! I can't wait to see the end results.
Peggy, I just love readying your blog. You never know what is going to come out of your head. I love this representation.
Post a Comment