"I talk about 'type crimes' often, and in terms of what you can do wrong, this one deserves life imprisonment. It's a pure sign of amateur typography."
Ouch. Now I'm a total rule follower when it comes to formatting the page. But breaking a habit that I've worked for so many years to create? Whew. That's gonna take some work.
But it reminded me of a funny recently. And after that, gosh! Don't you just need a funny?
My child, (who, to protect the unaware, will remain nameless) wrote a report for school, and had to type it at home. (S)He worked really hard at typing, then asked me to check for spelling mistakes. I looked on the screen, and this is what I saw.
I said, "What the sam hill is up with all the extra spaces?" Because, clearly, there were two spaces after every single word.
His/Her response? "It's supposed to be that way. My teacher said we have to double-space it."
Gosh I love kids. Maybe even enough to break my duplicate spacing habit so they won't have to be embarrassed by their mother's antiquated typing practices.

6 comments:
Hahahahaha! That is awesome.
Oooooo *lol* that is so cute! I was very puzzled by your post title so zoomed through the post to figure out why it was wrong - love the conclusion, what a hoot *grin*
The Arrival, on Amazon NOW!
www.damselinadirtydress.com
Cute! Don't you love how kids take everything their teacher says as the only truth?
AWESOME! I love it!
That's absolutely hilarious. I love literal kids!
I didn't know that rule had changed or that teacher were teaching it wrong. That is good to know. Now to make the change.
Double space, now that is funny. I can see how you would interpret it that way.
Post a Comment