All the snow at my house is gone! Yay!
Now, normally I don't mind snow, but normally, it doesn't hang around for this long! I especially love snow when it is falls in big chunks and when it makes everything all white and pretty. But when it hangs around for months, it is more dingy and dirty than white and pretty. And outside has looked so colorless these past few months. I need COLOR in my life!
I just took down my winter indoor decorations, and my house is so happy! It doesn't really like the winter stuff, it just tolerates it. I swear, as soon as I put up the colorful springy colors, I could actually feel my house go "Ahhhh. That's so nice. I feel so much better!" And who wouldn't with colors like these around?
And, there are even new signs of life outside! These are my Hyacinths just starting to poke their little leaves out of the ground.

Last fall, I was inspired after hearing Kellie tell about all the things she feeds to her garden to do the same. I fed it banana peels, apples, chopped up jack-o-lanterns, honeydew, potatoes, carrots, and any other fruits and vegetables headed for the garbage cans. Of course, I tried to feed it as few seeds as possible, but who knows? I may get a few surprises this spring! Anyway, my dirt looks so pretty and happy-- I can't wait to plant something in it!

3 comments:
Pretty pictures! I am inspired. I love the tulip bouquet. This spring I'm going to add COLOR to MY front room and kitchen!
Color is my life!! I look forward every year to your patch of hyacinths, Peggy! One of my favorite things about winter is that is makes me appreciate when spring comes!!
I am so driven by color. YOU are a quilter at heart. We just need to set you on the path. I can't wait to see your garden and flowers this spring and summer!
Post a Comment