But that hardly makes them think that we are unbiased.
Which we usually aren't.
Occasionally we are, though! But even when we are unbiased, our opinion doesn't seem to weigh enough when kids are looking at the way people outside their family may view their abilities.
Thats when the beauty of a stranger's opinion can mean a LOT.
Kyle entered the first chapter of the book he's been writing in the reflections contest (the part he entered was actually written a year ago-- I hope that doesn't break any reflections rules!), and his story was chosen to move on to the council level. :-) He was so excited that "people I don't even know actually like my book!"
He's still glad that I like his book, of course. It's just not quite the same as a stranger liking it. It's nice to have both.
As I was going through my camera to pull of the pictures I took last night, I got a bonus of finding one that Kyle took himself. I thought it was so cute! I hope he doesn't mind that I stole it. :-)
So, here it is-- a CLOSE look at reflections:

8 comments:
that is so neat! haveing something like that happen to a kid really boosts their confidence.
That is wonderful!!! I am so excited for him. I will have to read it, if he will let us. Good Job Kyle!!!
I agree with everything she said! Although I AM biased, I would think that anyway!
Pretty dang cool, Kyle!!! Encouragement is so motivating!!
That is so cool! Awesome Job Kyle.
I hope that I can get my kids as excited about books as you have.
Isn't nice to know we can actually pass on good trait to our kids - one we are happy they got from us!
Way to go Kyle!
Kyle...your are the man! I wonder from whom you got your love of literature and writing talents???
Post a Comment