A few days ago, Alecia showed me an "owie," wondering if it was infected. I assured her that it wasn't, but that it was really dry and could use a band-aid with neosporin on it, so it wouldn't scar. I knew full well she wouldn't agree, based on her hate of band-aids, but, as usual, I figured I'd try. Her response?
"Mom. I just need a body. I don't need a pretty one or a perfect one, I just need a body."
Can you imagine what a different place this world would be if we all thought like that? It makes me want to bottle the sentiment, and give it back to her in its undiluted form when she's in junior high.

5 comments:
Bottle me some too, Miss Peggy!!
She is such a pretty girl too!
Thats so cute!!
Once you bottle it I want to take a swig.
I might could adopt that attitude. It would go something like..."I just need a body. It doesn't matter if it's clean or chubby." Oh, wait...maybe I was thinking of Erin... No. It was me.
Post a Comment