<---Looking for my writing blog Will Write For Cookies? There's a handy little link to it just over there on the left-hand side.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I sleep like the dead

No, not in a coffin. Because holy claustrophobia! My bedroom sure would be a lot roomier if I did, though.

No, I'm not trying to say I'm someone who sleeps so deeply that they regularly go through all of labor except the pushing, with no epidural, while sleeping. (Believe it or not, I actually know someone who uses this UNFATHOMABLE method of childbirth.)

But I'm talking about the way I sleep.

I sleep on my back, with my hands folded on my stomach, and I don't move from when I get in my dead-man's position at night until the alarm goes off in the morning. (Assuming no one gets out of bed and takes a single step in my house during the night. That's sure to wake me.)

My way of sleeping is not entirely unlike this little guy. Except I've found that it's can be very painful to wake up on your keyboard. (For a few years when I first had kids, I worked for hours during the middle of every night. I fell asleep on my keyboard more times than I'm willing to admit.)


I'm curious. How do you sleep? Side? Back? Stomach? Coma-like, or constantly moving?

10 comments:

tammy said...

Would it surprise you to know that I sleep curled up like a newborn?

Janet said...

I like to sleep on my back also.

Peggy said...

Hahaha! No, Tammy, it wouldn't surprise me. That sounds exactly as it should be.

JoMamma said...

Who knew PAM was also a bed for kittens.

I like to start on my stomach, but I move around all night.

JoMamma said...

Who knew PAM was also a bed for kittens.

I like to start on my stomach, but I move around all night.

Kristine said...

I start out on my tummy, and then move all night.

Rach Platt said...

I'm like you. I sleep on my back with my hands on my chest....until they fall asleep. (I must have bad circulation) Then, I roll to one of my sides.

Shauna said...

I being on the side curled up and at some point will roll around to the belly, the bak the other side, and then back to the original beginning position. How do I know this, you may ask? I have dear hubz who charts my progress and then mocks me for it in the morning. Curious, though, how people all sleep differently...

Ella said...

I sleep on my side with a pillow between my knees, then switch sides throughout the night!

Taffy said...

On my side, right side to be exact then in the middle of the night, I end up on my back with my arms over my head. And my arms fall asleep. And DH worries about my cold arms and buys me long sleeve pjs.