<---Looking for my writing blog Will Write For Cookies? There's a handy little link to it just over there on the left-hand side.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Japanese Harry

When the earthquakes hit and Japan suffered all that devastation,
An awesome author wanted to raise awareness, help and donation

So she had a contest to give out a rad book
And I won it! I won it! Look, look, look!!


Isn’t it the gosh darn prettiest thing you ever saw?
It’s shiny! And opens backwards! And doesn’t have a flaw!


It’s filled with Japanese words and it’s pages are so sleek
They feel like satin when you rub them on your cheek.


In thanks for the bookies
I want to bake Marie Criddle cookies!

(They're Pumpkin Chocolate Chip because, um, they're the best)

But not just for the book she sent for free
but for the funnies she posts regularly

She writes, she blogs, she’s hilarious, and she draws
When she posts, I read, then comes the guffaws

She’s a Firefly fan, so you already know she rocks
And I’m tellin you, her posts will knock off your socks!

If you want to check out one of my favorite posts from the past
Look at New Years, Moral of School, Superhero, Blank, or Body Cast

Or just go to her blog and read a random post or two
Because I can’t conjure up a terribly compelling reason for you not to. :)

4 comments:

tammy said...

You had me at 'sleek, silky pages' to which I will attest, having actually rubbed them on my cheeks unsolicited. But then, that kind of thing is normal for me.

You had me again at 'Firefly' which inspires instant love in my heart for whomever claims such affiliation. (that word reminds me of the word 'Fillion': a word of Canadian derivation which, loosely translates into: 'man with a God-like essence, who also possesses the ability to transform mortals into frenzied flans of his complete oeuvre.')

And yet again at the mention of K Marie Criddle, who has the kind of blog that a person treats themselves to after all the laundry that nine people can accumulate has been washed, dried, folded, AND put away. Total reward material!

Congrats on winning a prize that around my house would be classified as 'soooooo sick!'

Kristine said...

Ditto to what Tammy said. And, I witnessed the page rub on the face. I'll admit, I wanted to also.

I'm happy you introduced me to her blog some time ago so I've been able to read her stuff for some time now! I love her style. So funny!

I wasn't aware she was a Firefly Flan. I like her even more now.

Congrats! I'd love to read it if I could! I guess I'll have to stick to my boring ole English versions. :)

K. Marie Criddle said...

Is there be a more awesome person than you, Peggy?!? I submit to you, there is not.
I love love love this!! Thank you so much for your kind words and rad poem. My heart overspeweth with delight.
You rock so very hardcore. You go up to eleven. I mean that from the bottom of my cookie-loving stomach.

Peggy said...

Tammy-- you had me at your definition of the word "Fillion." Bahahaha! You're killing me!

Kristine-- wanna come over? I'll let you rub the pages on your cheek. Then we can guess what the words on the page say.

Marie-- you quite frequently rock my world. I appreciate your awesomeness from the bottom of MY cookie-loving stomach. :)

Now I must go to the kitchen and bake. All this talk of cookies is making me hungry.