Friday, a kid in Alecia's kindergarten class had his last day of school before moving out of state. His way cool parents brought pizza and root beer for the kids to eat, and they had a little good-bye party for the boy.
When I picked up Alecia and all the excitement and the hugging the poor kid ten million times died down, Alecia gave me a little more party info.
She said, "Mom, they gave us root beer, and I drank it fast and I had a bunch of little burps in me, but I didn't let any of them out." [at this point I was thinking to myself: Wow. That's awfully ladylike! Then she continued...] "I waited and I waited, and then I let them out in one humongous burp that was SO LOUD that it shook the entire classroom!"
I chuckled and said, "I've never been more proud of you than I am at this moment."
Gosh. Maybe I should be showing her the princess movies.
School visit fun
-
I have been so thrilled and honored to go to dozens and dozens of schools
over the past year and a half in Texas, South Carolina, Utah, and Nevada,
and to ...
9 years ago

6 comments:
Sweet lil' Alecia?! Who knew! You'd think she had all brothers or something!
Super cute! Every Princess has to burp once in a while....
Oh "boy", how I can relate! At my house it's... Who ever burps the loudest wins. My boys get away with it at home but they seem to think having burping contest in public is way cooler, which seems to stop a very loud restaraunt, library, grocery store, family gatherings and yes even church. The joys of being a mom!!
That is hilarious.
Come on! That is one of the most attractive traits in a girl - let em rip Alecia! Your gender makes them all the more funny!
Peggy--Sounds like Alecia has a natural gift. If you would like her to take it to the next level, Sidney would be interested in being her mentor. She recently turned pro in eructation and I think Alecia could benefit from her expertise.....
Hehehe! She would probably like that.
And thanks once again for introducing me to a new word! For everyone not as blessed with a seemingly infinite vocabulary, here's the definition:
eructation
noun
1. (of volcanos) pouring out fumes or lava (or a deposit so formed) [syn: eruption]
2. a reflex that expels gas noisily from the stomach through the mouth [syn: belch]
Post a Comment