Remember how we said goodbye to poor, sick Mr. Ponderosa a few months back?
.
.
He just left such a hole in our lives, we had to fill that hole with something! The grandparent adoption program was out, so we opted for adopting a child. I'd like to introduce you to our tyke, October Glory Red Maple. He has already become well rooted amongst our family of growing things. He seems to really be flourishing in his new digs!
Pretty, huh? I first found him at a local nursery for $200. Yikes! And, after the passage of some time, I had resigned myself to paying that much. Then, in an uncharacteristic (for me) bout of Erinesque Shopping Prowess*, I only had to shell out a cool $4.76! Happy day!I still miss Mr. Ponderosa, though. The very first freezing temps of the year did this to my plants:
I REALLY appreciate now how many of those first frosts that Mr. Ponderosa protected my plants from!
*Erinesque Shopping Prowess: [er-in-esk shop-ing prou-is]
-noun

7 comments:
I'm so impressed you bargain shopper, did you use a coupon?? he he cute tree
Peggy Peggy Peggy! I knew you had it in you. It is like having the force...and once you hone it, you can hone it any time you need it...like the jedi! But instead of fighting against the dark side, we are fighting the 'richies'!
hahahaha
awesome freakin' deal on the tree!
What an awesome deal!
The Autumn colors are so gorgeous. I would love to look out my window in the fall time and see the beautiful red color.
Congrats on your new addition.
I really like your fall leaves background! My October Glory was $129 and I thought that was pretty good. It's a Super Tree, so it should grow a little faster than usual. But, your deal ROCKS!!! Good job! It should turn colors soon. Min is already red! And I love it. (Thanks goes to Tammy for suggesting it.)
I LOVE any maple tree, good job on adopting!
Super tree? I didn't even know they had those! That sounds very cool.
Tammy suggested the same tree to replace my leaning "who knows what the heck kind of tree it is" out by my garden. So - don't think I am doing a copy cat - I just get the same great advice!
Rockin beautiful deal Peggy!
Post a Comment