<---Looking for my writing blog Will Write For Cookies? There's a handy little link to it just over there on the left-hand side.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Is that really where the feathers go?

Alecia went to take out the garbage one day. When she didn't come right back in, I went out to check on her. I found her frozen in place, staring at an odd bird hanging out on our truck hood. Equally awed by the bird, I slowly snuck back in the house, called for the rest of the family to come see, then grabbed my camera and headed back out.

Soon, five of us slowly crept closer and closer to this bird. He looked at us, cocked his head, then nodded in approval. So, we got even closer. And closer still. Now, I'm no avian specialilst, but are birds really supposed to be okay with a bunch of people getting that close?

But far more importantly, ARE THEY REALLY SUPPOSED TO HAVE FEATHERS ON THEIR FEET?


6 comments:

Kyle said...

The bird Was sooo alsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Computer Games Rock said...

How can I get one they look cool! I am also wanting a turtle do you know where I could get one.

Melanee said...

It looks like a homing pigeon. I think that is why it has the yellow ring on it's leg. I am not a specialist either, but I have heard that they are very friendly. I haven't seen one with feathers like that. That is just too cool!

Kristine said...

That's one messed up looking bird! Yeah, I wondered about the yellow tag as well.

Carterista said...

As Julian said, "Whoa!"
Did you search it for a message?

kellieanne said...

He must be a Native American bird. I love the costumes that are worn in Native American dances - those feathers are growing in just the right place to dance for rain or food.