<---Looking for my writing blog Will Write For Cookies? There's a handy little link to it just over there on the left-hand side.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

News Alert: Back Seat Driver Becomes Side Seat Driver

Kyle has always been a back seat driver, I swear since he was born. When he was five, he asked me why do I sometimes turn left as soon as the light turns green, and sometimes I pull out into the middle and wait for other cars to pass. I explained turn lights. He said, "Thanks for explaining. I've got a lot of driving rules to learn!" He's been asking driving whys since then.

And he has learned.

And he uses that knowledge of driving rules against me to help me, constantly.

Recently, he realized that as a 12 year old, he can now sit in the front seat. This has served to increase his helpfulness. A few days ago, when trying to get around road construction, we turned into a parking lot with a few other people. In the direction I was going, logic dictated that I had the right of way. I still slowed down to make sure that the person coming from my right assumed the same. The cute older lady nodded agreement, so I continued forward.

Kyle freaked out.

"Mom! You broke a traffic law! Didn't you know that you are supposed to yield to the elderly?"


No, I can't say I remember my driver's ed teacher telling us that.

7 comments:

Janet said...

That's funny, I can see him doing that

Ella said...

That is too funny!!!

JoMamma said...

What a gentleman you have raised. He is going to be a hit with the ladies when he gets his license. That is the old ladies that he lets into traffic.

Kristine said...

Ha ha ha aha ha ah aha ha h!

Kristine said...

I loved the sign, by the way! I can't believe how old he is!

Kyle said...

Remember to yeald!

Julie said...

That is just too funny. That is a great story. Hey buy the way I love your new header pictures. Hey I remember that place!