<---Looking for my writing blog Will Write For Cookies? There's a handy little link to it just over there on the left-hand side.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

PSA **For Girls Only**

I'm pretty sure I'll never post my weight on my blog-- even though you can look at me and probably guess. However, in the interest of a Public Service Announcement, I'm going to go out on a limb and post something equally personal. You know... because I'm all about looking out for you.

I went bra shopping.

As I was looking through the rack of bras that were my size, I kept coming across ones that had an "NB" in the spot where the size should be.

What could that size mean? I wondered. I looked all over the tag, and couldn't find any clues as to what the "NB" meant, so I was left to my own devices to figure it out. Two possibilities came to mind:

Newbie
and
No Boobs

Now, seeing that the bras in question had a cup size that was clearly TOO BIG for me, I was left feeling a bit.... inadequate. And slightly insulted.

After searching several more tags, I (finally!) discovered the secret to the mystery sizing conventions. "NB" actually stands for "Nearly size B." (Although, I think it would have been much better if they had chosen "Almost size B." Not only would the size AB be self explanatory, but it would have alleviated the disquiet felt by untold scores of girls in my same situation.)

So, to all my less-than-well-endowed friends, if you are bra shopping and you come across an NB that is too big, there is no need to feel as though the bra makers are giving you a little cleavage-size jab. They're actually being nice and offering more sizes.

I just thought you should know that.

6 comments:

Kristine said...

lol! I though the same as you had! Thank you for passing this on.

Ella said...

I was actually shopping for bras too and saw the same NB and thought exactly what you did NO BOOBs. Your too funny thanks for sharing and teaching.:)

JoMamma said...

9:59 at night and I learned something new today. Thanks!

kellieanne said...

I think I need a nearly size -AAA. Just kidding. FYI, I have only found bras I like at JCPenneys.

Carterista said...

Hate bra shopping. Hate bras. Wish I could go loose all the time. But, sometimes the bouncies make me uncomfortable. Oh, and the sags, too. Maybe I should try JC Penny's?

Carterista said...

Here some more info incase you didn't get enough from me already. I HAVE to wear padded sports bras even though I don't need them. There's nothing good about 6th graders noticing a teacher sportin' skittles.