Time was, I'd write a Christmas poem to go in my Christmas card each year. As much as I loved doing it, for the last couple of years, I seem to lack the inspiration and the desire to sacrifice the incredible amount of time and work it takes to write one. In an effort to convince myself that it's a tradition that didn't die so much as it is hibernating, I thought I'd post one of my past favorites:
When I think of Christ's birth
In days long gone by
I wonder who I'd be like
If I had been nearby.
Would I be like the Innkeeper
So kindhearted and so good
That even though I don't have much
I'd still give all I could.
Would I be like the Shepherds
So humble and so mild
That the angels would come to me
to share news of the Christ child.
Would I be like the Wise Men
So dedicated and so meek
That even though the way is long
It's Christ I'll always seek.
Sometimes I feel like the travelers
So weary and unaware
Too distracted to know Christ is near...
Too busy to even care.
Christmas can get so hectic
While trying to make things so great
This year I want to remember
That it's for Him we celebrate.
I'll remember with each gift I give
With every carol that I sing
With every greeting that I hear
It's about the birth of my King.
School visit fun
-
I have been so thrilled and honored to go to dozens and dozens of schools
over the past year and a half in Texas, South Carolina, Utah, and Nevada,
and to ...
9 years ago

8 comments:
I love your poems. It is a lot of pressure sometimes, the things we tell ourselves we have to do. I think it's ok to let some things hibernate. You know it's not gone for good!
Peggy, if the book thing doesn't quite work out, I think you should look into options at Hallmark. That was beautiful and MUCH better than most greet card drivel I have seen lately! Thanks for sharing!
BEAUTIFUL!!!
peggy, that was beautiful. And look, no stamp needed to share it. wink.
Beautiful! Oh and I typed this before I saw Ella's comment. Ella great minds think alike
Thanks for sharing, Peggy!
I liked it....a lot. I feel the same way about this crazy time of year. Very well put.
Peggy. You. Are. Amazing.
It felt like Christmas reading your blog. Thank you.
Post a Comment