This is me with my brothers, my mom, and my sister Janet in front of the [unfinished] house I grew up in. I was five in this picture, and we're pretty excited to be living here, even if it doesn't have all the bricks it should, or carpet and sheetrock in all the right places yet. And even if every one of our beds is in the family room-- the only room other than the kitchen that is finished enough to house us.

We started building the house when I was three. And believe me when I tell you, it was WE. You see, my parents got the crazy notion to build the house ourselves. OURSELVES!! As in, no builder whatsoever. Well, excepting my dad. He's a pretty amazing builder of many things. I tell you, the three year old me, my baby brother, my five year old brother, and occasionally my older half brother:
Completely invaluable when it comes to building a house. Really. We weren't a hindrance
at all. They couldn't have done it without us.








I lived in this house until the day I got married and moved to a two bedroom shanty of an apartment the next city over. Two years later, we bought the house I live in now. A house that we'd planned on living in for three to five years.
The milestone?
I have now lived in this house
LONGER than I lived in the house I grew up in!! Seriously? When did
that happen? (And you can stop trying to do the math in your head
right now. It doesn't mean I'm getting old. It doesn't! Spring chick here.)
5 comments:
WOW! I love all those pics. I was looking through them with Dad just the other day!
Those are so cool! alot of them look like child labor farm!lol I love old pics. I know all about the milestone, I have been married to my husband longer than I had lived without him, almost twice as long!
Ha! I was totally trying to do the math! Sweet pictures.
Those old pictures are so fun. Your parents are amazing to do all that work.
Congrats on being in your house for as long as you have. It feels nice to have something so stable espically to children.
So, you were, like, a child bride when you were married. Because you are only 24 or 25, right?
Post a Comment