When we walked outside the restaurant, we saw two men in their lower twenties, holding signs written on pieces of cardboard. Their backs were to us, so we couldn't read the signs, but they were well enough dressed that I didn't think they were there to ask for our doggie bags (one was dressed hobo-ish, but it was obvious that it was by choice, not by necessity). So that left what? Religious zealot preaching the end of the world? We had to find out.
We got in our car and drove around to see them. And that's when I giggled. Or... you know... let out a very un-ladylike guffaw-- depending on who you ask. And then I cursed the fact that I don't take my camera with me every where I go.
I very much wanted you to get the same giggle (or a guffaw) I got, so when I had way-too-sick-to-do-anything-besides-move-my-right-arm time, I attempted to re-create the scene for you.
I hope that not too much got lost in the translation.

Gosh. I love it when people are willing to entertain us with their boredom.

4 comments:
Great pic and story! Life is never dull.
PS I love lettuce wraps and the Great Wall of Chocolate!
Thank you for re-creating the scene. Very funny!
That is awesome! Thanks for the pic too!
Peg!! I just love you. I love your talent for making people laugh. I love your story telling abilities. I love your artistic talent and how you share so much of that with other. I just love you. You are one of a kind.
Post a Comment