<---Looking for my writing blog Will Write For Cookies? There's a handy little link to it just over there on the left-hand side.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Three things I should tell you...

1. I hope y'all had a FANTASTIC April Fool's Day!

2. I've never actually pulled off an April Fool's joke before. Or at least not one of the "try to convince someone something that isn't true" variety. Usually, if I celebrate, it's something more like THIS. This year, I decided to try the convincing thing. In case you were wondering, I'm a terrible liar. REALLY terrible. (And now that you know that, you can rest assured that when I give you a compliment, it's because I really mean it. Yes, I have trouble lying even then.)

I can write, though! And I figured that if I wrote a joke instead of telling it in person, I wouldn't give away that I am, in fact, lying by my every facial expression, every bit of body language, and every single voice inflection.

I DID NOT quite anticipate the level of guilt that would come along with it. Curse you, guilt! See? That's why people don't lie. The guilt that comes along with it. Totally takes the fun out of it.

Well, not all the fun. I did enjoy writing my life going in another direction. But, I wasn't kidding when I said that my roots here go so deep that I don't see myself moving more than a block away from where I live now. I really love it here.

3. To everyone who DID believe me: You rock my world. A trusting personality is an incredibly awesome thing that this planet could never get enough of. Hopefully I didn't shake yours at all.

4 comments:

Kristine said...

You make me smile. :)

Janet said...

Oh you owe Kylie, so I began to tell her today, April 2nd what was said and that yesterday was April fools, as she started to cry and run off she's my best friend and now's she leaving, I had to chase her to get me to finish the story, anyways good job and making it everyone believe your story.you suck

tammy said...

No one writes like you, Peggy--it's a total compliment to your talent that your story was so believable! and can I say---Whew!! I'm so glad it was a joke!!

JoMamma said...

I believed it. It was the comment that said they hoped it was a joke that made me want it to be a joke as well. I'm so glad it is a joke. Happy April 2nd.