<---Looking for my writing blog Will Write For Cookies? There's a handy little link to it just over there on the left-hand side.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Reason #561 why my kids rock my world

My phone has a cool app on it to record your voice, then choose options that will change your voice to be girly, manly, scary, or funny. My kids' favorite, though, is the option to play it backwards.

Cory, in particular, loves to say a phrase, play it backwards to hear how it sounds, then mimic it while recording. Then when he presses the Play It Backwards button, it says what he was meaning to say in the first place. Make sense?

So, quite often (and this is reason #560 why my kids rock my world) Cory will record "Mom, you're awesome." Guess what it says when you play it backwards? "Mmm, I'm sorry, mom." I am not even kidding. Isn't that the coolest thing ever? (So then he records "Mmm, I'm sorry, mom," and gets "Mom, you're awesome.")

SO, on to reason #561:

Now, when any of my kids do something worth apologizing for, they always say, knowing I know the hidden meaning, "Mmm, I'm sorry, mom."

Who says flattery doesn't give an apology much more kick? Definitely not me. I'll take it that way ANY DAY.

4 comments:

Kristine said...

That is awesome!!

Taffy said...

That is cool!

Jessie Humphries said...

What did you mean 8 followers? You have 50! Well, now you have another. Let's do this thing!

JoMamma said...

Mmmm your kids are awesome!