<---Looking for my writing blog Will Write For Cookies? There's a handy little link to it just over there on the left-hand side.

Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Man, Rapunzel, and a Gaggle of Cowboys

This is the man
Who wrote the book series
I read to my kids
That cemented the habit
Of reading together every night
So many years ago

I got to tell him just that.
I got to see the look on his face when I told him just that.
I got to see him excitedly ask the author sitting next to him "Did you hear what she just said?!"
That made my day.
Today was a good day.

This is the man (James Dashner) signing said books.

This is the adorable Alecia with the adorable Shannon Hale, who is every bit as funny and likable in person as she is on her blog.

The panel of authors.


The cowboy and cowgirl authors posing. By the way, there was a theme going on here... This was a party for the book "Rapunzel's Revenge," based on the girl who let down her long hair (hence the wig on Shannon Hale). Oh, and Rapunzel is a cowgirl. Uses the hair as lassos and everything. Kind of a superhero Rapunzel. My kind of story. :)

5 comments:

Shelby said...

That had to be a blast for all of you! I'm so glad you were able to do it. Shannon Hale looks like she would be hilarious fun!

Shauna said...

I'm so bummed that I missed it--we had soccer games and never made it up to see it. Looks like fun though! I'm glad that Shannon Hale IS as charming as I think she is.
:) Shauna

Carterista said...

I totally didn't imagine Shannon Hale so young! She's written so many great books... What a great opportunity, Peggy!

Kristine said...

She was a lot younger than I thought too. How fun! Wish I could have been there too!

kellieanne said...

That looks like fun. What a great compliment to give an author~!