<---Looking for my writing blog Will Write For Cookies? There's a handy little link to it just over there on the left-hand side.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Having of Cake

On any given Tuesday early evening, this is what you'll find Alecia doing.



She has taken to cheerleading like a fish to water. And this is what you'll find her doing about 20 minutes later....

Ironic, I know. Next year, Alecia will be old enough to do city cheerleading, where they will actually cheer at the city football games. So, I guess next year, she'll have to make a choice. Hmmm... will I be more sad playing football and wishing I was with the cheerleaders or cheer with the cheerleaders, wishing I was playing with the football players....
.
For now, we'll go ahead and let her have her cake and eat it too.
.
And she's going to eat that cake with a big side of TROPHY!

Yesterday was the punt, pass, and kick competition. It came time for the punting part, and she kicked a beauty! I could hardly contain myself. It got her in second place, then in the re-kicks, she moved to third place. This is her receiving her trophy.

The winning kick.

Pretty cool, huh? She is in a league with ten teams, about 10-12 kids on each team, so somewhere between 100 & 120 kids. She's the only girl, and she is remarkably unfazed by that. It's also kinda nice-- when I'm looking for my kid on the field, it's not so hard figuring out which one is her! I LOVE watching football. I'm so happy one of my kids wanted to play!

Good thing they don't generally call penalties with this age group, cuz that's some serious holding going on! Although, with this age group, it's just as often hugging as it is holding.

I don't know if you can see the look on her face, but there is some serious fierceness going on!

2 comments:

tammy said...

Alecia=My kind of girl!! Way to go Alecia!!

Carterista said...

Peggy, that is such a great post! Very entertaining and it's all true, too! What a crazy girl you have! No wonder Logan has a crush on her. He told her again the other day and it didn't even phase her. She just said, "Okay." I wonder how often she fields that comment...