<---Looking for my writing blog Will Write For Cookies? There's a handy little link to it just over there on the left-hand side.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Advance Party Planning

I was in Cory's and Alecia's room telling them goodnight, when Cory had a thought out of the blue and shared it.

Cory: [very earnestly and incredibly sincere] "When Kyle gets home from his mission, we need to have a HUGE welcome home party for him!"

Then he paused and after thinking for a few moments, added, "But make sure my welcome home party is bigger, okay?"

I laughed at his thoughtfulness turned selfishness, and then appreciated his ability to think ahead. After all, Kyle won't be home from his mission for nearly 9 years. Then I went into Kyle's room, and shared what Cory had said with him.

Kyle: [laughing, then getting very serious] "That's okay if he has the bigger party. After all, since I am planning on serving my mission here [he's planning on getting a second bed put in his room for his companion], it won't be so much of a 'Welcome home!' party as it will be a 'Great job on your mission!' party."

Then after thinking for a minute, he added, "They sell postcards around here, right? I think I'd like to leave one on your pillow occasionally while I'm on my mission."

6 comments:

Ella said...

that's funny!

Janet said...

Thats funny I can see them saying that.

JoMamma said...

I love it. How thoughtful to have a party for your brother. I also love that Kyle has figured out how to serve a mission and stay at home. Very cleaver.

Cruise to the Max said...

ha ha...that is awesome.

Carterista said...

HA! Seriously funny!!!

Julie said...

That is cute! Well they are both planning on a mission and this is the ages they make their decision. It will all work out, when Kyle is ready to go he will be ready to leave. I am glad they are planning!