Holy cow. I was hoping for 30 name suggestions for the title of my book. I figured that was even pushing it. But you guys rocked! See this pioneer man's hat? It has 89 title suggestions in it. EIGHTY NINE! Eighty nine unique titles. Eighty nine creative titles. Eighty nine awesome titles.
As promised, I did a drawing for 5 random winners. Here are my kids, being the highly scientific method of randomness embodied. They were actually more excited than they looked.
So, here are the winners!
Paul and Misty
Piglet de'Erin
Ozzland
Allen
Voyagerkid
Piglet de'Erin
Ozzland
Allen
Voyagerkid
I'll get a prize to you soon. But not too soon, cuz' I'm going out of town for a couple of days in the morning. But soon after that.
As for the grand winner of all winners? My "undying gratitude" winner? The "title I use" winner?
Yeah...
I don't have that yet. (Did I mention 89 title suggestions?)
I decided all on my own (and certainly not because family wanted to make sure they weren't being unfairly discriminated against) that I needed to keep my selection process completely unbiased. I read through titles as they were being suggested, but tried not to think about them. I didn't want a title connected to a person in my head at all. At the end of the contest, I copied all of the titles into my word processor, and then alphabetized them. That way, they aren't even in an order that will suggest who may have submitted that title.
Now, I'm going through, trying to narrow 89 titles down to one. ONE! It's a little bit difficult. It might take me a few days. I'm taking the list with me on my trip, though. Sleeping with it under my pillow and all that. Hopefully when I come back, I'll at least be close. I'll let you know.
And once again, a very heartfelt Thank You to everyone who left suggestions. I've got some undying gratitude for y'all. It really helped more than you'll ever know.
And I apologize. I know I said I'd post Monday morning... Maybe I should have thought through what my Monday would be like before I promised anything!

2 comments:
I'M A WINNER! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME...it is all MEEEEEE! hooray... glory be. I knew that with enough determination and rocking awesome titles, I would be the one.
Who would be surprised that Erin is a winner? That's rhetorical, of course.
Post a Comment