<---Looking for my writing blog Will Write For Cookies? There's a handy little link to it just over there on the left-hand side.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Dealmaker's Apprentice

I am not one of those people who can get a screaming deal on things. I can not talk people down. I can't keep my eye out for the sales. I can not spot a great deal from a mile away. Sadly, I just don't have the gift.

Which makes me appreciate even more when others share their gift with me! My mom bought some $5 off any purchase at Kohl's coupons from eBay. Right there: Something I'd never even think of! She invited me and my sister to tag along, and shop the clearance sale.

I have now experienced the high that expert shoppers get!

I bought all of this stuff.... $102.96 worth of stuff....


For $3.48. !!!!! I'm not even kidding. (We won't mention the fact that NONE of it was stuff we actually needed. That takes all the fun right out of it.) If someone took me on as their shopping apprentice, I might find that I actually like shopping.

As long as it didn't take too long.

4 comments:

The Woff Pack said...

That is so awesome! I don't have that gift of spotting deals either so I am very impressed.

Kristine said...

That was so much fun!

Shauna said...

Love it! Love the new header too! Very cute!

kellieanne said...

To me, shopping is something I have to do. For others, it's a gift they get to do. You're Mom is sharing tips on a gift she has!

I love the new look Peggy!