I awoke to the smell of breakfast cooking. And to a reminder of how unbelievably much I love that my husband has a sense of humor. He made Green Eggs and Ham sandwiches for breakfast! How cool is that? And tasty. I love that he is always someone I can laugh with.

He didn't just go for cool and funny, though. He also went for sweet.
One child (who shall remain nameless), suggested that we all stay home from church, so they could worship me all day long on my birthday. Another child suggested that we instead go to church and worship Heavenly Father and Jesus, to which the first kid agreed that was the better choice. Awww. I love that they understand which gift would mean the most to me. (And we'll just forget the part where I was way too sick to make it through any more of church than Sacrament Meeting.)
Later, some wonderful friends came over bearing wonderful gifts. They're a pretty darn amazing bunch of ladies. For my birthday two years ago, they gave me this blog! It's the gift that keeps on giving. :) I'd like to introduce you to one of the gifts they gave me this year:
A cordless mouse! His name is MOPA. That stands for "Made Of Pure Awesomeness."
Check it out--- He's even thinner than PAM!
I think that MOPA and PAM are going to get along great, and share many wonderful years together.
Of course, this next gift is made of pure awesomeness, too. I can't stop staring at it!
Are these not the prettiest things you ever did see? My friend Tammy made them, and friend Erin took some pictures of them in all their glory.

Look closely. She actually piped around each cookie with stiffer frosting before filling in the middle with softer frosting. Then she piped the details in chocolate! They are so stinkin pretty, I can hardly bear to eat them!
Except that I've eaten Tammy's food before, and it's not something you pass up. Ever. And yes, they are every bit as tasty as they look.

And speaking of people with AMAZING talents that they are willing to share, check out this card friend Kellie made! Isn't it just beyond description?
I mean, wow. Times infinity.
How is it possible that I know this many awesome people? I don't know, but I sure am grateful.

7 comments:
I'm glad you had such a great birthday. You had some wonderful gifts.
Those are FANTASTIC! Glad your gifts are as cool as you!
I love the green eggs! well, not really, but it's cool anyway. Happy B-day, oh and thanks for posting my button on your blog. I feel all warm and special.
That's so cool! Lance is awesome! I also loved that in your pic of Pam & Mopa being friends you can see the roses in the reflection!
Were you able to eat the cookies? They look too pretty! Great friends you have!
Love the roses!! sounds like you had a sweet birthday
The cool thing is, most of the awesome people you have for friends I get to call friends as well! Hope your B-day was great!
Post a Comment