<---Looking for my writing blog Will Write For Cookies? There's a handy little link to it just over there on the left-hand side.

Monday, May 17, 2010

Becoming Legendary

I went to an awesome writing conference a few weeks ago. They showed us a video that I think pretty much rocks the house.

Yes, it's about writing (and also it's kind of about basketball), but at its core, it's about having a goal that seems impossible and putting in the work it takes to make that goal a reality. If you are looking to be inspired about ANYTHING in your life, I think this will do it. If you're a reader at all, you'll love it even if you aren't looking to be inspired, because it tells some great things about books I'm sure you know.

It's a full six minutes long. (I know! That's like an hour and a half in blog-reading time!) Banish those thoughts that are telling you it's way too long to sit and watch a video! But trust me: It's worth it.

Really.



2 comments:

RaShelle Workman said...

Yeah, this video has been making the rounds. It's awesome! It's true though and I think it's important for our kids to see it too. Dreams can come true, but it takes a lot of daily work and dedication. Love it!

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Dreams are fulfiled by the fuel of effort and dedication. Thanks for sharing the video. I enjoyed it immensely, Roland