<---Looking for my writing blog Will Write For Cookies? There's a handy little link to it just over there on the left-hand side.

Monday, May 3, 2010

Teacher Appreciation Doors

I love decorating teachers' doors for teacher appreciation week almost as much as I enjoy walking around to see all of them when they're up! This is the eighth year I've done a door, and each year I think it will be different. I always think, Next year, I'm not going to leave it to the last minute! I'm not going to stay up the night before they have to go up until an hour that can be referred to as 'the middle' of the night. Next year, I'm NOT going to procrastinate!

Yeah. Apparently that isn't the way I roll. Nevertheless, every year I get done and I think, Gosh. That was fun.

And so was taking pictures of all of them. (Plus, it's always helpful for next year when I'm looking for inspiration.) I think there was 3 or 4 that I wasn't able to get pics of. :(

I have no idea who created most of these masterpieces. If you decorated one, make sure to tell us in the comments!

Here goes!














This is the door I did. It was for the speech teacher, Mrs. Low.




















3 comments:

kellieanne said...

Peggy, your door was FANTASTICAL! I too make a pledge every year to not wait until the last minute to do the dang thing and every year end up doing it the night before. But, it's always fun to be part of it. I did Mr. Evenson's door.

Shauna said...

Oh, these are the days I miss my Central school....The door all look fantastic! Each year i think, there is no way anyone will be able to out-do this next year, and yet, you all do! Great job! I bet the teachers loved them too!

Elizabeth Mueller said...

awww! Peggy--you're so special. I <3 how you took your time and photographed all the doors at the school. This is my kids' last year at their school, the school board decided to shut it down even when they figured they didn't need to.
:(
I cried hard that day...
I should've done as you did and took pictures of all the doors, too. I didn't think of that.
I do plan to go inside and take pictures of the hallways, maybe catch a few teachers. *Sigh* :(