<---Looking for my writing blog Will Write For Cookies? There's a handy little link to it just over there on the left-hand side.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

I want to be this cool when I'm 92

A week or so ago, we went to the Hope of America performance that thousands of fifth graders do every year. The program is awesome. The kids always do such a great job and I love it.

One of my favorite parts is when Jean's Golden Girls perform. It's a group of ladies that are over age 50 that dance. Between them, they have 500 children, 1200 grandchildren, and 250 great grandchildren. Amazing!

The most amazing of all is the 92 year old lady--- Jean herself. This video isn't long. It's of her at the end of the performance, showing us what she's made of.

I want to be made of that, too.

If you don't want to watch it all, skip to the end. She goes into the splits! All the way to the ground! You can tell by the roar of the crowd how amazing it was to see.



If you just couldn't get enough, here's some more of Jean's Golden Girls.



If you want to see part of what Hope of America is all about (or if you're my mom)(or if you've gone with your own kids and you love it so much, you want a reminder), here's my favorite song of the night-- We Can Be A Light. I'm not quite sure why, but it makes me cry Every Single Time. And if you watch to the end, you can see how cool they look as a flag with the lights on.

2 comments:

tammy said...

Thanks, Peggy--I totally wanted a clip of that amazing nonagenarian! If only I could live that long and be half that active & flexible!!

Marty and Rachel said...

Hey Peggy! Just wanted to let you know about my new blog. I won't be doing much with my old one (Gublerfamilyblog) anymore so go to gooberfest.blogspot.com now to read updates on me and the fam. I love reading your blog.