Which would've been sad, because it came from one of my favorite people--- Lindsey, my sister-in-law. No, wait, I can't call her that! My sister's sister-in-law. But I'd definitely claim her. She is living that magical summer after you graduate high school, but before starting college. And she's totally living it fun. It makes me all kinds of wistful when I read HER BLOG.

There's instructions that came with the award. And since I'm a rule follower, I'm bound to obey. Well, maybe not bound, per se, but I don't love going to bed feeling guilty, so I obey.
1: Send a warm cyber hug to whomever awarded you with a nice shout out.
Check.
2: Flatter yourself and tell the entire world that you have been awarded, followed by seven unique things about you.
Seven unique things? Dang. I have to work for this award? I'll have to think hard.
3: Pass along this heart-warmer of an award to your favorite blogs.Seven unique things? Dang. I have to work for this award? I'll have to think hard.
- I can't shower in less than thirty minutes. I really can't. Sometimes I really, truly believe I can, but then I step into the shower and all sense of time disappears. Along with all sense of urgency. My family has accepted this inevitability. Maybe I should, too.
- In elementary school, I wanted to be an illustrator when I grew up. In high school, I wanted to be an accountant or a stock broker. Somewhere around junior high, my brain switched from the creative side being the king to the logical side claiming rule. Since then, creative and logical have been battling it out. Ninety percent of the time, logical wins, but that's okay. It just makes creative that much more excited when he wins.
- I recently discovered that my favorite color is red. For YEARS, I thought it was purple or brown. It wasn't until someone asked me what my favorite color was and I said, "Um... Purple?" that my son said, "What? Your favorite color isn't purple! It's red." At which point I said, "Wow. You're right. I had no idea!" I felt like one of those movies where all the friends know the character is in love with someone, but the character doesn't know themselves. And then the character says, "Why didn't you tell me?!" And the friends say, "We thought you knew!" Glad I finally know.
- I think fourth graders rock. Since I haven't had one living at my house for the past two years, I'm glad I get to work with them.
- I'm pretty sure I have a photographic memory. But my photo storage in my brain is a pile in the corner that looks suspiciously like trash, so they get thrown out every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- I like to fill out forms.
- I think I may have broken both of my heels doing kitchen reconstruction. I laughed at the thought six weeks ago because, really. What are the chances? So teeny tiny, some might call it impossible. But six weeks later, it still hurts to walk on them. Ooo! Maybe I should call them broken, and then sit and write for days on end! That'd be awesome. Okay, not really. As much as I'd like unlimited writing time, I wouldn't like it at the expense of everything else I do in a day. That's just not logical.
To Tammy, because her blog makes me drool.
To Janet, because her blog is so cool.
To Kara and Madi because their blogs rule.

4 comments:
Haha! It's a good thing I don't know all there is to know about you because then I couldn't laugh when you post more unique things I should know!! Let's just see how long it takes me to acknowledge this award on MY blog! ***coughFireflyessaycough***
Hehe. Yeah, Tammy. Still waiting with bated breath on that Firefly essay...
So cute! I loved reading more about you. I still need to accept mine from Lindsey!
I LOVED reading your 7 unique things. You always make me laugh!
Post a Comment