<---Looking for my writing blog Will Write For Cookies? There's a handy little link to it just over there on the left-hand side.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ye Be Warned: Death Goes There

We just got back from a quick little mini vacation in peaceful Midway, UT. On our way, I happened upon something interesting.

In days long gone by, they used to string up the bodies of dead pirates along the waterway near a settlement, as a not-so-subtle message to other pirates coming their way. Ye be warned! Death goes there if you try your antics around these parts!


It got me wondering. What kind of not-so-subtle message do you think the nearby settlement are trying to give trucks along the roadway by stringing up the body of this dead semi?


Are the afraid of the trucks? Cuz they even have a sign warning all us landlubbers passing by to be on the lookout for them.


Seriously. What's up with that?

2 comments:

Celeni said...

Hilarious!!! By the way, that turn by the strung-up water truck is the turn-off to Wallsburg. You passed within 3 miles of me and didn't even stop in for a visit! Where did you stay in Midway?

Peggy said...

I know, Celeni! Every time I drive past the Wallsburg turnoff, I think of you.

We stayed at the Worldmark resort. It's just past Zurmat.