Ignore it, and it will go away.
Our plan failed spectacularly, since today still came. It made for some fantastic eleventh-hour preparations, though. And those kind are always the most exciting! Gets you living on your toes for a moment.
Like last night. I had read to my kids (Gregor the Overlander #5 which pretty much rocks, if you were wondering), tucked them in bed (much later than I had planned to), and was giving a goodnight kiss to Kyle when I said, "Crap! You need a binder for school! And pens and pencils and paper!" (The junior high tends to frown on you if you forget these little details.) He jumped out of bed, found his binder from last year, and proceeded to empty it of all the previous years' assignments.
While he was doing that, I continued reaping the rewards of my failed plan. "And your schedule! Do you even know what class you have first period tomorrow?" I went to look for said schedule where I would've put it, while he looked where he actually put it. "And locker number and combination! I'm pretty sure you need that, too!"
He must've been convinced that the plan would work. Cuz the thoughts getting any of those things together hadn't even seemed to cross his mind.
It may have been cutting it close, but I actually bought my boys a few new shirts--- after I realized that school started in two days, and I hadn't bought any new shirts since the last time school started. I even washed them. (Part of my subconscious must've realized that my plan was going to fail, and subtly convinced me to be a little prepared.)
Not that they wore them, though.
Boys.
On the flip side, though, Alecia knew what she was going to wear for quite a while. She had her backpack loaded and ready to go long before bedtime.
Glad one of us had a plan that wasn't DESTINED TO FAIL.

6 comments:
That was hilarious Peggy! I love the first day of school pictures. It gives a great point of reference for that last day of school pictures.
I must have had the same plan as you, without knowing it. I did not plan well either. I forgot that Taylor had out grown all his socks and underwear and also forgot to get him a pair of shoes to start school in, so we were out buying shoes late last night and went today to get the undies and the socks. Alecia's out fit ins cute. Love first day of school pics. I have not done it for a couple of years. DANG!!!!
That's too funny! I don't blame you though.
That's funny, That's same like us but I thought I was prepared tell I got the mail Monday night and there was a letter from the school with a list of needed supply's and said they need these on the first day of school really 1 day notice. and why does each kid have to bring all those items.
Very funny! I'm glad that your plan failed and that they are back in school. Alecia looks darling in her well-planned outfit. I always love the first day of school, it's so exciting! It's inevitable, so just embrace it!
That was awesome. Glad you were able to pull things together after you had failed.
Post a Comment