Thanksgiving Point was kind enough to do $2 Tuesdays this month. :-) My kids showed absolutely no interest in going to the gardens (normally $10!). I figured that left me with two Tuesdays left in the month when they would be at school. The first didn't work out, so I thought I'd go on the last Tuesday the offer stood. I've been wanting to try my hand at writing a fairy tale, and that seemed like the perfect place to go for inspiration.
So, I loaded up my laptop, paid my $2, and found a secluded little place near the waterfalls and cracked open my laptop. Perfect conditions, right? Well, as it turns out, my body was needing rest and relaxation WAY more than it was needing the incredible high that writing offers. In an hour and a half, I managed to write about a page. I finally gave up, cursing my brain fog, and set out to enjoy a bit more of the gardens. Darn brain fog also kept me from realizing that in my current sickly state, that wouldn't be a good idea.
When I finally headed back toward the building (all uphill, of course), I had gotten almost to the top when I came upon an old man. He was probably a good 90 years old, bent over from age almost to his waist, and unable to go further without resting. I wasn’t even sure if he was ever going to make it all the way without someone giving him a piggyback ride or something. He looked up at me as I neared him and then he said, "Wow. You look really tired." A little more poignant coming from him. Yeah. Maybe I should have just stayed home and taken a nap.
But, on the bright side, I did get to see lots and lots and lots of pretty things! Here are some of them.

5 comments:
Love your pictures Peggy! And thanks for the great advertisement for Thanksgiving Points Gardens! They really are beautiful and worth the trip. Did you find the Secret Garden? Probably my favorite place there!
I did NOT find the secret garden! I didn't even know that I was missing it, and now I am really sad that I did. I may have to beg you to go back with me sometime when I can walk without gaining the pity of those around me, and have you show me. I LOVE that book!
I love the gardens too. That is where most of my card photos come from. I can imagine that the beauty there could induce sleep even if you weren't sick to start with. Thanks for sharing your $2 story and lovely photos.
:) Shauna
Great pics! I hope you are feel better.
that is where i need to go and take pictures. it looks really pritty and i hope that it help with the fairy tale!
Post a Comment