<---Looking for my writing blog Will Write For Cookies? There's a handy little link to it just over there on the left-hand side.

Thursday, December 4, 2008

My First Open Letter

.
To The Person Who Wrote the Code to the Virus My Computer Contracted:

I'm not very in-the-know about the ins and outs of the hacking business. So, I could be wrong, but I imagine you don't get paid for creating viruses. What could this person's motivation be for spending so long creating this, I wondered. I could only come up with one thing. You must get a thrill-- a little tickle of excitement inside knowing that someone you will never meet spent a lot of time working on their computer while thinking thoughts of you. I can't say I quite understand that line of thinking, but hey. To each his own.

So, I'm really really hoping that my part in this contributed more than just a little tickle of excitement for you. I'm hoping that it caused you copious amounts of overflowing joy and happiness that will last you all month long! 'Cuz otherwise, it just wasn't worth it to me.

Have a fabulous month, and be comforted by the fact that I will be thinking thoughts of you while my sweet hubby reformats my drive.

Peggy

3 comments:

Kristine said...

I'm sorry! Did you lose anything from it? Those 'pin pricks' suck! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! I am still laughing.

Melanee said...

Hackers want the ability to say that they can get to anyone or anything. Most hacking programs are completely random (that is why they are so hard to trace). But it is all about the thrill. So I am so sorry. Is there anything I can help with? I used to be really good at cleaning up computers, but I haven't done it in a few years.

I have learned this way (the hard way) that you back up everything. I lost all of Tonya's baby pictures through the first year of her life and then some.

JoMamma said...

I agree with you what point is there to making a virus. Hope everything is back to normal.