1. I did a bleach weave on my sister’s hair. Okay. I’ve never done anything like that before. As it was processing, I fretted that her hair would turn out striped blue and orange or something, and I cursed her for having so much faith in my mom and me. When it was all finished, though, it looked so pretty! I was quite proud of us.
2. I live in the City of Trees.
Janet lives in the City of Parks.
(Okay, really, their city tag line is something about dinosaurs. But come on! That is so 65 million years ago. Besides, they look a whole lot more like crude oil now than they do dinosaurs. What kind of a tourist draw is black sludge? Note to the marketing people: Your city’s parks are worth traveling to. Drop the dinos, play up the parks.)
In a one square city block, along with an elementary school and ball fields, there was this park:
And this park:
And this park:
3. I got to be present as Kyle talked through a story that was forming in his mind through the ubiquitous sagebrush landscape on the way there. Then he continually begged for one on one time with PAM the entire trip, as his story was begging him to be written. Ahh, bliss. And seriously? His story premise and his opening scene, especially, are incredibly amazing.
4. I got to hug this cute girl. And this cute girl.
5. I narrowed my list of book titles from 89 down to 31! I have no idea how I’m ever going to get it down to one. There are so many of them that evoke just the kind of feelings that I was hoping they would evoke. I'm still working on it, though.6. I found out that 10 minutes away from my sister’s home is this great little reservoir whose name is crazy enough that I’ll never be able to remember it.
Thanks, Janet, for the great little vacation!
P.S. I apologize, Officer Jovial, for speeding through your lovely little town on my way back home. Thank you so much for being so forgiving about it.

6 comments:
Hey thanks for coming, we had a great time together, and that lake is called steinker (not sure how to spell it)
What a fun post to read and the pictures are great. I loved going to Janet's with you. Thank you for asking me, and thanks to Janet for showing us a good time.
wow, that looks like so much fun. I think my little fam is going to have to head on over that way.
Those parks look so fun. It makes me want more parks here. I'm glad you had a great time with your sister.
I have never even been to Vernal. Now I have two people's recommendations! And you were totally brave to do a bleach weave. Among the possibilities of strange hair colors, there is also the chance that it could just break off at the scalp!
Aaaaa! Tammy, are you serious? I am so glad I didn't know that I could have made Janet a baldie during that stressful time waiting for it to process! Holy canolie.
Post a Comment