<---Looking for my writing blog Will Write For Cookies? There's a handy little link to it just over there on the left-hand side.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Sight for a Traveller's Sore Eyes

On a seemingly endless car trip through the nothingness, nothingness, and more nothingness that exists between Duschesne and Heber, this turned out to be an incredibly welcome sign:

Why? Because it was home to this:

And, although it always seems so weird to me to walk out of a bathroom skipping not only flushing the toilet, but washing your hands... It was much better than using this:


And then, when I got home, I was welcomed by this:

Lance must've missed me as much as I missed him. Check out how cool these funky striped roses look. Aren't they the prettiest thing you ever did see?

9 comments:

i'm erin. said...

Lance is the freaking man! What a stud.

I have to say, I would much rather use the bush than the outhouse...ewwww gross.

Carterista said...

Those are gorgeous! They must have a cool name. Know what it is?

Peggy said...

I don't, Cecilia. What is it?

Carterista said...

I don't know. Does Lance know?

Ella said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ella said...

What a sweet Hubby! He must have missed you! Or maybe that was a sign. PLEASE Peggy don't ever leave me! LOL Very pretty roses. I'm glad you did not have to use the side of the road because the grass looked pretty tall. Great for hiding behind, not so great for (YA KNOW)!

JoMamma said...

Those flowers are awesome.

I agree with Erin I'm a fan of the fresh air outside. Even though the outhouses don't stink as bad as they used to they still stink pretty bad.

Julie said...

Way to go Lance! I am proud of you! I enjoyed being with you for those two + days.

Kristine said...

How sweet! Ya know, as much as Lance teases me, he really is one of my favorite people. And not just because he bought my awesome sister roses! He is such a sweetheart!