I groaned inside. Mostly because I hate long games. "What kind of game?"
"Stick wars. We each draw a castle, and then draw things to defend it with."
Okay, immediately, I thought about the things I always hear my sons talking about--- Paladins, Druids, Shamans, Mages, Warlocks, Hunters, Elves, Dwarves, Undead.... and how they talk about having a character that is a healer, one that is a tank, one that is damage doer....
It took about a second and a half of imagining this game before my head wanted to explode.
"I don't know.... I'm not good at that kind of stuff."
"It'll be fun. We each only have five minutes to draw, and you can defend your castle with anything that will scare off the enemy."
"Anything?"
Okay, that game I can play.
This child didn't want his posted on the Internet. My other child would let me post his, if he could remain anonymous. Feel free to click on either picture to get a better view of their awesomeness.
Now, I'll admit: he nearly had me with all those archers, spear men, snakes, spiders, bramble fence, thorn moat, fog, elven warriors, and impenetrable castle walls. I think may have him beat, though. It was the confined spaces that turned the tide my direction. That, and having those butterflies drop the science fair project on the unsuspecting hordes. Those are scary things indeed.
Moral of the story for parents: If your kid ever asks you to play stick wars, give it a shot.
Moral of the story for kids: Talk your parents into it. They might find out it is way more fun than they ever thought it would be.

4 comments:
That is awesome! What a clever set of childrne you have...I've never heard of this game. And yet, you, Wonder-Mom, excel at it! Love the happy Shear-Man.
Haha! I love the scissor people!! You people are so awesome
I can't believe you actually drew a spider!!!
I know, right? But somehow when I draw them, they aren't so scary.
Post a Comment