<---Looking for my writing blog Will Write For Cookies? There's a handy little link to it just over there on the left-hand side.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Utah Author Part 2

Do you know what I love almost as much as a great book? A great author's website! I love to see into the mind of an author I appreciate, hear about their writing process, their struggles, their successes, how it feels when everthing clicks together, how they decided on a certain part, why they did something a certain way, how many words their books are... ALL of it! The more the better, I say.

Do you know what else I love? Joss Whedon.

Now, I haven't even made it through the tip of the iceberg on Brandon Sanderson's website (which is the perfect example of what I love authors to do on their sites!), so it really kept me from checking out Shannon Hale's site. I had an extra 5 minutes, so I went to her site. Imagine my sheer JOY!! when I spied this blog entry:

http://oinks.squeetus.com/2008/07/horrible-i-hope.html

Now, if you call yourself a Whedon fan or a flan, you'll appreciate this. It may even make you want to take the advice from my last post. If you are a Whedon fan and a Shannon Hale fan, you'll have sheer joy as well!

And if you aren't a flan, that link probably won't do anything for you. But you should still read her books. :-)

Oh, and on a side-ish note, if you loved The Goose Girl, Enna Burning, and River Secrets, she is writing a fourth! It's called Forest Born and I have no idea when it'll be out. But yay!

Addition:
I was just spending a few more happy moments on ShannonHale.com, and read something that made me burst out laughing. If you are into author websites at all, read this. Especially the second half of the second paragraph. How can you not love her?

http://oinks.squeetus.com/2007/07/cooking-lessons.html

4 comments:

Shelby said...

That was so funny Peggy. I don't remember her book that I read reading at all like her blog voice. Are any of her books as funny as she is? You writer types are my heroes.....Team Joss!!!

kellieanne said...

Wow! Wow! Wow!!!!! Brandon Sanderson. I knew I had heard that name somewhere when you were telling me about the Mistborn book.

Brandon Sanderson was asked to write the 12th and final book of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time Series. Robert Jordan had a HUGE following. He passed away last fall from cancer. His wife gave Brandon all the notes her husband had to complete the series in memory of her husband. I love the series. It's way long, but a good read.

Thanks for the notion of looking this guy up. I totally dig his website and found lots to keep my mind off annoying things like laundry, dishes, dinner, bedtime for kids, getting that drink of water for Gabby . . . well, I better do that one.

Peggy Eddleman said...

Kellie- in all seriousness, you would probably love Mistborn and its sequels with a fiery passion. In a possibly-have-a-new-favorite-author kind of way. I think the second book will especially appeal to you. The first is about tearing down an evil, oppressive kingdom-- The second is the building of a nation.

And it's main character is a girl who kicks butt. What could be better? ;-)

And then you will devour the rest of his website. He has thoughts on every single chapter in his books.

Can you hear that? It's Mistborn calling your name. Kellie! Kellie! Read Me!

Peggy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.