Goodbye to our sentinel, standing strong and tall, our protector from the raging (or not so raging- whatever) storms.
So long to our 100-pine cone-a-day-dropping menace!
Goodbye to our shade in the summer-- you worked so hard at keeping our home and car cool.
So long to our deciduous / coniferous monstrosity! In the fall, I think you drop more pine needles than you hold on to...
Goodbye, our ugly-shaped-roof-hiding beauty!
So long to our driveway cracking beast that is now 2 1/2 times as tall as our house.
Goodbye-- we'll miss you holding out your protective arms to keep all snow and frost off our driveway, sidewalk and van during winter.
So long, our poor sick tree. May your downpour of sap tears mark our van, our driveway, our grass, our shoes, and my kids' hair no more!
Goodbye! We will miss you / cheer your passing. May your tree spirit be happy in tree heaven, where you can hang out with your old friends Crab Apple tree, Apricot tree, Apricot tree's kid, Apple tree's kid, and the minions of Chinese Elm trees that you once shared a humble plot of earth with. Rest well, knowing that your organs (which are now cut into handy logs) will continue on to benefit others. Your sacrifice will help keep my brother's house and family warm during the winter. Farewell, my friend.

6 comments:
I understand well the love/hate relationship one can have with a tree. It's an exciting new "full-sun" era for half of your front yard now! May your impatiens not fry......
Goodbye old friend of tree, HELLO SUN LOVING FLOWERS AND FRONT YARD!!!! WHAAAAAA HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
I just have to drive by your yard now. Wow!
Tear!
Wow! What a difference that made. I hope you can enjoy the sunshine and your yard will recover! What a chore! Good job!
:) Shauna
I'm sorry/glad I missed the tree cutting and hauling. I'm sad excited to see your new front yard! Keep a look out for a new Explorer "drive-by!"
By By Tree!
Voyagerkid Out!
Post a Comment