I remember, as a kid, the excitement I felt when we drove by 200 South and saw the road filled with the pieces of the carnival being brought to life. The anticipation for it stayed with us for days. I still get a piece of it even today when I see 200 South blocked by the carnival, and I love when the anticipation starts working in my own kids.
I also remember my mom cursing the price of carnival tickets each time they went up. I know exactly how she felt! Ho-ly Cow. I mean, I know electricity is expensive. And so are carnies. But really!
I took all three kids on Thursday. Ahh, the rust and oil smell of the rides mixing with the smells of popcorn, nachos, and carnies baking in the sun (How do they stand it? I hope they pay them an extra "extreme weather" bonus. It's always so hot for them!) But somewhere between going there as a kid and taking my kids, my guts underwent a major transformation from loving the rides, to getting sick by the rides. I’m not quite sure how that happened.
Kyle was filled with excitement at the possibility of Alecia being tall enough to ride the big rides with him. The two of them have the same guts and bravery for crazy rides. Cory has the bravery, just not the guts. His guts kinda
HATE rides. For
hours afterwards, even.

They went on the Dragon Roller Coaster (a fave of all three) first, then Kyle and Alecia set their sights on the Starship 2000. That’s the one where you stand up with your back to the circular wall, and it spins you around. Much to their happiness, Alecia was tall enough! Well, that is, if you don’t look at her feet very closely. My baby is tall enough for the big rides! I was more than a little nervous for her, but they had a ball! Sadly, turning on my camera to take the first picture used the very last bit of juice my camera battery had. Drat! Alecia and I went back the next day (the boys, interestingly enough, didn’t want to go). That’s why she is the only one in the pics...
1 comment:
Awesome, cute, colorful pics Peggy!
Post a Comment