<---Looking for my writing blog Will Write For Cookies? There's a handy little link to it just over there on the left-hand side.

Monday, June 2, 2008

Kindergarten Graduation

I've never been someone to wish that I could freeze my kids in the age that they are in (well, for the most part). I really try to focus on enjoying the age that they are at, knowing full well that I will still enjoy the age that they are at the next day and the next day, and the day after that.

So, I tend to not freak out about them hitting milestones. But because of this, sometimes I get caught a little off guard.

My youngest... YOUNGEST! just graduated from Kindergarten! Of course, I knew this day was coming, but the gravity of it didn't really hit until they started playing the graduation processional music, and the kids started filing into their seats on the lawn outside the kindergarten doors, wearing their paper graduation hats. Wow. My youngest just finished the last of part day school. Without even realizing it was coming, I was instantly teary eyed. It seems like not long ago, my oldest was a toddler and I kept thinking "time is passing so fast... before I know it, he'll be starting Kindergarten!" Guess I didn't say to myself, "Gosh. Soon my baby will graduate Kindergarten." Wonder how quick it will seem when I see another "Class of 2020" banner, and I realize that it is actually 2020 and my baby is to the point of graduating high school!

This is her with part of the "graduating" class. She is the one right in the middle, smiling at the camera.

Getting her "diploma."

Alecia with her teacher that she loves so much, Mrs. Strebel.

This is Alecia with Roger. He's the school janitor, and is loved by every single student in the school. It's too bad that every school in the nation doesn't have a Roger.

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

Oh Peggy...It seriously seems like just yesterday I came to the hospital to see your beautiful, baby Alecia! Wow, time is flying! Congrats on Kindergarten Graduation!

Kimmie said...

I love the picture of Alecia in the middle of not so happy kids... She looks like a ray of sunshine! I hope that day comes very slowly for Em...

JoMamma said...

2020 what a COOL year to graduate. It's not that far away.

tammy said...

I keep having babies so I can put off this occasion......alas, Alecia is growing up quickly. Thankfully, she is stinkin' adorable while she does it!

Carterista said...

MY BABY, TOO!!! But, I'm excited about full day school. He'll be healthy enough to go and I'll even get home from work before the kids do! Yeah! No more babysitters! But I sure will miss seeing my mom so often!