I’ve never met anyone who can do as many different things as he can. I know that I can call him with almost any problem, and he will know the solution. And he’ll probably even teach me how to solve it myself in the process.
He has taught me so many things. Like....
How to prep a car for painting
How to fix a leaky faucet
How to work hard & do a good job
How to run electrical wire to a room
How to tune a lawnmower
How to change a flat tire
How to cut & hang crown molding
How to feel if a bone is broken
How to fix a leaky faucet
How to work hard & do a good job
How to run electrical wire to a room
How to tune a lawnmower
How to change a flat tire
How to cut & hang crown molding
How to feel if a bone is broken
or a ankle sprained
or a ligament torn-
He’s my Dr. Dad
How to install a light fixture
How to use duct tape in a variety of ways
How to hang sheet rock
How to get a company to follow through on a promise
How to lay bricks
How to quiet a really noisy toy
How to look for a problem when taking something
How to install a light fixture
How to use duct tape in a variety of ways
How to hang sheet rock
How to get a company to follow through on a promise
How to lay bricks
How to quiet a really noisy toy
How to look for a problem when taking something
apart, and then fix it (like a sewing machine, a toy,
a washing machine, etc....)
How to build a playhouse– start to finish
How to build a playhouse– start to finish
(which also taught me how to build walls in my house)
How to figure things out on my own
How to figure things out on my own
One of his favorite quotes when trying something he has never done before is "I figure the people who do this kind of thing are reasonably intelligent people. I’m a reasonably intelligent person, so I should be able to do it, too." Thanks, dad, for teaching me that I am a reasonably intelligent person, and can do anything if I try, too!

1 comment:
If "intelligent" and "able to do anything" don't describe you perfectly, Peggy, I don't know what does!! Hope the dads in your life had a great Father's Day!
Post a Comment