*
Sixteen years ago today, I awoke so excited!
I put on a long white dress and veil; my hair neatly styled.
Then as Lance changed from fiancé to husband
I looked into my sweetheart’s eyes and smiled.
I put on a long white dress and veil; my hair neatly styled.
Then as Lance changed from fiancé to husband
I looked into my sweetheart’s eyes and smiled.
*
I didn’t think it possible to love him more than I did
I was oh so happy being able to marry my best friend.
I didn’t know that 16 years later I’d love him so much more
Back then, it was something I couldn’t quite comprehend.
I didn’t think it possible to love him more than I did
I was oh so happy being able to marry my best friend.
I didn’t know that 16 years later I’d love him so much more
Back then, it was something I couldn’t quite comprehend.
*
Through sixteen years of happiness
The good times, the trials, the romance
Here are sixteen of the reasons
That I love my dear, sweet Lance.
The good times, the trials, the romance
Here are sixteen of the reasons
That I love my dear, sweet Lance.
1. He always gets my jokes and laughs
And makes me feel like the world’s greatest comedienne
2. He works hard to make sure I’m laughing,
As he makes up new jokes or songs again and again.
3. He plays lots of games with our kids
There’s nothing they find more exciting!
4. When I do something to annoy him, he ignores it;
He’s never one for fighting.
5. He’s smart and he’s constantly learning;
At his job, he is always number one.
6. He is a very hard worker
And finishes everything he has begun.
7. He knows what is important to me
He supports, tolerates, and gives an encouraging word
8. He’s always there for his friends
And listens when they need to be heard.
9. He’s an amazingly patient teacher
He makes things so easy to learn.
10. He worries about our kids & their needs
And shows lots of love and concern.
11. He’s always smells nice,
He’s very good looking.
12. And even when our kids don’t agree
He always says he likes my cooking.
13. A night a week he takes over my mom duties
So I can do things that are hard to do with a tyke
14. Every night before bed he hangs out with me
And watches a show we both like
15. He works hard at a second job
And manages to have enough time for all of us, too.
16. He always believes in me
At times, long before I do.
Happy Anniversary, Lance!
I Love You!!



3 comments:
Loved that Peggy!!! I think you both are blessed to have each other--you fit together so well! I noticed you mentioned laughing and humor a lot. What a great quality to share! Happy Anniversary you two.....enjoy your next sixteen X six!!!
I loved seeing some of your wedding photos! Happy Anniversary, sorry I missed the chance to say it yesterday at Harts :-)
Congrats on 16 years. I love the list. It is so amazing how love grows over the years. I feel the same way about my Toby. I did not think I could love him anymore than I did on the day we were married, but surprisingly I love him more now than I did then.
I love the pictures.
Post a Comment