<---Looking for my writing blog Will Write For Cookies? There's a handy little link to it just over there on the left-hand side.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My future grandaughters' monikers

Alecia: "Mom, I think I'm going to have to have at least two daughters when I grow up, because I have two names I want to give my daughters, and I can't decide which to use."

Me: "Oh, yeah? What are they?"

Alecia: "Well, the first one is Milka. I figured since that's what Kyle wanted to name me when I was in your tummy and you didn't use it, I should."

Me: "Sounds good. What's the other name?"

Alecia: "Cinder Block. I heard Cory say that name, and I thought, 'That is the prettiest sounding name I've ever heard!' So I think I want to name my daughter that."


I didn't have the heart to tell her what a cinder block is, and ruin the beautiful image she has in her mind.

She'll let me call her "Cindy," right?

3 comments:

tammy said...

Hahaha!! Hoo hoo! Hehehe That is so funny.

Julie said...

Peg,
That is the cutest story, I just love it.

i'm erin. said...

ha ha ha...I know a cinder block but she goes by a different name! ha ha ha...that's not totally true, but it would be a good slam!